1. Make Living Room Window Treatments. We've lived here four years... I mean really!
I have to tell you that I had eyed this fabric for a year, but for $20 a yard, it was way beyond our budget. One day I checked out Fabricguru.com and found the same fabric for $6 a yard. Sweet!
2. TV Console Project- Yes, thanks to our lovely friends the Mansfields, this beauty made it from curbside trash pickup to our carport, where it still sits. I think our neighbors have given up hope for us ever getting rid of it.
Check out the original project that sent me on a hunt for a console tv here.
3. Yard Sale Frame ($1... can I get a whoop whoop!)She may not be much to look at now, but I have big plans for her... BIG plans.
You can't find detailing like that on frames at Big Lots... and that's usually where I buy my frames. She isn't going to be used for pictures though; She will be a stand-alone beauty when I'm finished with her.
Bec helping me clean up the old girl.
4. La-Z-Boy Reupholster- I'm deathly afraid of taking this chair apart and never getting it put back together, or getting it back together but having some "extra pieces."
Instead of buying nice fabric and wasting my money if this project goes awry, I have decided to use drop cloths. I've seen some fabulous chairs and couches here and here that were reupholstered with inexpensive drop cloths (and since Kinston has a Lowes but no fabric store, this works in my favor!)
5. Jane Eyre- I have recently joined up with Lindsay Corrigan and her Finer Things Club. Our summer reading is Jane Eyre and I am loving it! We're reading this so we can watch the new film version guilt-free. (Because the books are always better...right?)
Check out the trailer!